Breast cancer charity launches Ode to Boobs cinema spot
LONDON - The relationship women have with their breasts is at the centre of a new cinema ad campaign for charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
The spot, entitled "ode to boobs", which will run in cinemas nationwide, is written, cast and directed by an all-female team. It was created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roafle/Y&R.
The spot forms part of Breakthrough's "TLC: touch, look, check" breast awareness campaign, and the ads urge all women, whatever their age, shape or size, to show their breasts some TLC, in other words to "touch, look and check" for anything unusual and report any changes to their doctor.
Some of the women featured in the ad are members of the Rainey Kelly team. The agency employees felt so strongly about the campaign, and about the importance of being breast aware, that they volunteered to be filmed. The ad also involves a number of Breakthrough supporters and volunteers.
Andrea Flamini, account director at Rainey Kelly on the Breakthrough account, and one of the women in the film, said: "Working with Breakthrough as closely as we do, it's impossible not to be moved by the stories -- both sad and uplifting -- of women affected by breast cancer.
"Frankly, if appearing in an ad as powerful as this encourages more women to be breast aware, then I for one will be absolutely delighted."
Sarah Rawlings, head of policy and information at Breakthrough Breast Cancer, added: "Over 41,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year in the UK, so it's really important for all women to touch, look at and check their breasts regularly and report anything unusual to their doctor.
"Early detection is the key to successful treatment and increasing your chances of survival, so we hope that 'ode to boobs' will encourage more women of all ages to get to know their breasts and show them some TLC."
The cinema campaign will run for four weeks across an estimated 600 screens a week. In addition, it will be supported by a nationwide radio campaign, which will run for eight weeks across the Chrysalis, Emap, GCap and First Radio networks.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Motion graphics designer/after effects expert Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London