MySpace hires McCafferty to head European corporate PR
LONDON - MySpace has hired Chris McCafferty, formerly the head of PR and corporate affairs at MSN UK, as its director of corporate communications for Europe.
McCafferty will oversee the social networking site's strategic communications across the European market and agency relationships. He will report to David Fischer, European managing director of Fox Media Interactive and MySpace.
Prior to joining MySpace, McCafferty was head of public relations and corporate affairs at MSN UK, where he was responsible for communications and policy issues.
He is credited with brokering MSN Messenger's Prime Minister's Question Time with Tony Blair. Prior to MSN he was a divisional director at The Red Consultancy.
Fischer said: "Chris is joining the growing team here in London to help communicate the huge attractions of MySpace across Europe."
Earlier in the month, the News Corporation-owned MySpace said it planned to expand its ad deal with Google, having lost out to the search giant in the race to acquire YouTube.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands