MySpace hires McCafferty to head European corporate PR
LONDON - MySpace has hired Chris McCafferty, formerly the head of PR and corporate affairs at MSN UK, as its director of corporate communications for Europe.
McCafferty will oversee the social networking site's strategic communications across the European market and agency relationships. He will report to David Fischer, European managing director of Fox Media Interactive and MySpace.
Prior to joining MySpace, McCafferty was head of public relations and corporate affairs at MSN UK, where he was responsible for communications and policy issues.
He is credited with brokering MSN Messenger's Prime Minister's Question Time with Tony Blair. Prior to MSN he was a divisional director at The Red Consultancy.
Fischer said: "Chris is joining the growing team here in London to help communicate the huge attractions of MySpace across Europe."
Earlier in the month, the News Corporation-owned MySpace said it planned to expand its ad deal with Google, having lost out to the search giant in the race to acquire YouTube.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London