PHD's Rocket scoops Tiger Beer media account
LONDON - Tiger Beer has awarded its £3m UK media planning and buying account to PHD Group agency Rocket after a competitive pitch.
The account had been handled by Walker Media, which held the business for the past eight years.
Tiger announced it was reviewing its UK media business following last month's appointment of Young & Rubicam to handle its international advertising account.
The move is part of the Asian beer group's marketing programme to strengthen Tiger's growing market position in the UK.
Tiger Beer, owned by Asia Pacific Breweries, appointed Y&R to its creative account, following a five-way pitch involving roster agencies Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi Malaysia and BBDO Singapore, as well as non-roster agency M&C Saatchi.
Steven Greaves, marketing manager at Tiger Beer, said: "We'd like to thank Walker Media for all their hard work over recent years. The move to Rocket takes us in a new direction and we're very excited at what this could mean for Tiger. Our long-term goal is to become the leading Asian beer in the UK and Rocket will help us in our plans to achieve this."
Mark Sherwood, executive planning director at Rocket, added: "Tiger is a hugely successful world brand and we are really excited to have been appointed. We hope we can bring a new approach and some new ideas which will help them to further build on some of the great work they are already doing."
Tiger Beer revamped its logo and packaging through Design Bridge earlier this year, supported by a £5m promotional budget.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham