Excite launches first UK cosmetic surgery magazine
LONDON - Excite Publishing has launched what it claims is the UK's first online cosmetic surgery magazine, Cosmetic Surgery Answers, which it said would fill in the gaps about patients' queries.
The first issue, available from the Cosmetic Surgery Answers website, will contain question and answer features, and in-depth discussions on a range of procedures, including breast surgery, liposuction and facelifts.
Editorial content for the magazine has been put together from what Cosmetic Surgery Answers describes as a number of industry experts, including Dr Lucy Glancey, medical director at Glancey Medical Associates, and Dr Ash Dutta, owner of Aesthetic Beauty Centre.
The magazine said it expected around 15,000 people to download the first issue, which would also feature streaming video and audio clips via the website in the future.
The first issue features a price comparison guide for surgery abroad, the pros and cons of Botox, and an interview with a woman after undergoing breast enhancement surgery, entitled "Life's great with my new boobs".
Lynda Burgess, editor of Cosmetic Surgery Answers, said: "There are currently no magazines available to readers in the UK that concentrate solely on demystifying cosmetic surgery.
"We aim to fill that gap and, above all, provide a lively, independent and informative read."
The cosmetic surgery industry is estimated to be worth £285m in the UK, with 130,000 people undergoing cosmetic procedures in the last year.
John Weir, publisher of the title, said: "We have had enquiries from countries such as Australia and the US, to add to our own audience. We are the only magazine to offer independent cosmetic enhancement advice."
Issue two of Cosmetic Surgery Answers is available from November 10.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London