Packaging Media unveils holiday promo for Green's mix
LONDON - Promotions company Packaging Media has launched a partnership between heritage cake brand Green's and travel company Transun, with the cake company offering a competition to win trips to Lapland for Christmas as part of promotions on its packaging.
There are 10 trips to meet Santa in Lapland available in the offer, which runs from this month until December.
Packaging Media charges promotional partners for "media space" on packaging. Depending on the deal, a percentage of this rate is paid to the host brand meaning that packaging becomes a source of revenue.
Green's has the rights to a range of licensed characters including Dora the Explorer, Scooby Doo, Barbie, Noddy, Thomas the Tank Engine, Harry Potter, Bugs Bunny, Shrek and Dennis the Menace which appear on pack and as decorations on finished cakes.
Entrants who do not win a holiday can get discounted holidays to Lapland through the Green's packaging.
Anne-Marie Porter, Green's marketing manager, said: "It's important for us to maximise interest in our brand in the busy pre-Xmas period. Linking up with Transun to offer our customers a traditional trip to see Santa in Lapland is a great way to boost our relevance."
Keran Turakhia, managing director of Packaging Media, said: "Packaging Media's innovative approach means that as pack hosts, Green's incurs no costs in running this highly visible promotion. It's a great new form of direct marketing giving Transun a highly targeted audience."
Packaging Media has previously run campaigns for household brands including Tesco, Gu Puds, Waitrose.com and Cadbury.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London