JCDecaux launches Bluetooth ads at Heathrow
LONDON - Outdoor advertising company JCDecaux has started offering Bluetooth capability with its network of digital screens at Heathrow, which has been booked first by a health club based at the airport.
Rejuve is running a month-long campaign on the 20-screen network in Terminal 1. The creative prompts passers-by to enable their Bluetooth on their mobile to receive a special offer of a free day's membership when they book a treatment at Rejuve.
The plasma screens are positioned next to the flight information displays, which according to JCDecaux are consulted six times by the average passenger. The Bluetooth transmitters cover the whole of the departure lounge.
JCDecaux is also offering Bluetooth capability for advertisers using Terminal 3's screens, on an exclusive basis.
Richard Malton, marketing director of JCDecaux Airport, said: "The long dwell times that are part and parcel of air travel make airports the ideal environment for Bluetooth campaigns."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager - Leading Entertainment Company f1 Recruitment £40,000, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - Leading experience design agency. Zebra People £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London