JCDecaux launches Bluetooth ads at Heathrow
LONDON - Outdoor advertising company JCDecaux has started offering Bluetooth capability with its network of digital screens at Heathrow, which has been booked first by a health club based at the airport.
Rejuve is running a month-long campaign on the 20-screen network in Terminal 1. The creative prompts passers-by to enable their Bluetooth on their mobile to receive a special offer of a free day's membership when they book a treatment at Rejuve.
The plasma screens are positioned next to the flight information displays, which according to JCDecaux are consulted six times by the average passenger. The Bluetooth transmitters cover the whole of the departure lounge.
JCDecaux is also offering Bluetooth capability for advertisers using Terminal 3's screens, on an exclusive basis.
Richard Malton, marketing director of JCDecaux Airport, said: "The long dwell times that are part and parcel of air travel make airports the ideal environment for Bluetooth campaigns."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds