Starcom is awarded £7m Caterpillar media account
LONDON - Starcom has won the £7m media planning and buying account for clothing and footwear brand Caterpillar after a competitive pitch.
The company has not advertised for some time and this is the first time a media account has been awarded in the UK.
The creative account is handled by BSA Partners and is not affected by the awarding of the media account.
US brand Caterpillar, while best known on the high street for its boots and clothing, has its roots and core business in the construction industry providing industrial equipment for use in the power, forestry and construction industries, and has increasingly become involved in the issue of sustainable development.
Two years ago, the company introduced a line of licensed eyewear to sit alongside its existing footwear, watches and apparel ranges. The products included sunglasses and optical frames to add to its burgeoning clothing business.
The company was established in 1925 by Benjamin Holt and Daniel Best, after the merger of The Holt Manufacturing Company and the CL Best Tractor Company.
Starcom has recently picked up the media accounts for the South African Tourist Board and Green & Black's.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol