Starcom is awarded £7m Caterpillar media account
LONDON - Starcom has won the £7m media planning and buying account for clothing and footwear brand Caterpillar after a competitive pitch.
The company has not advertised for some time and this is the first time a media account has been awarded in the UK.
The creative account is handled by BSA Partners and is not affected by the awarding of the media account.
US brand Caterpillar, while best known on the high street for its boots and clothing, has its roots and core business in the construction industry providing industrial equipment for use in the power, forestry and construction industries, and has increasingly become involved in the issue of sustainable development.
Two years ago, the company introduced a line of licensed eyewear to sit alongside its existing footwear, watches and apparel ranges. The products included sunglasses and optical frames to add to its burgeoning clothing business.
The company was established in 1925 by Benjamin Holt and Daniel Best, after the merger of The Holt Manufacturing Company and the CL Best Tractor Company.
Starcom has recently picked up the media accounts for the South African Tourist Board and Green & Black's.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London