The7stars picks up media account for Monkey Shoulder
LONDON - The7stars has been appointed to the media planning and buying account for William Grant's whisky brand Monkey Shoulder.
William Grant is understood to be looking to broaden the appeal of the "triple" malt brand, seeking a younger audience.
Promotional activity will kick off with a deal signed with IPC Ignite! Sponsorship & Brand Solutions, to be the solus sponsor of the NME Rock 'N' Roll Yearbook 2006 taking all ad sites in the annual. The deal will also include banner advertising across NME.com and sampling at the NME Awards next year.
Rob Curteis, Monkey Shoulder brand manager, said: "We're a new kind of whisky, drawing new drinkers to the category. To succeed though, we first need to change people's perception of Scotch whisky.
"NME provides us with the perfect platform to achieve this, plus the opportunity to have a raucous rock'n'roll party in true Monkey Shoulder style."
Monkey Shoulder is aimed at "style bars" as a vital cocktail ingredient. It uses naming and packaging that is far removed from traditional single-malt values in an attempt to attract new drinkers.
It is rivalling other brands experimenting in an effort to win younger drinkers such as Johnnie Walker's Green Label and Dewar's with Dewar's 15, a 15-year-old blended Highland Malt.
The7stars has also been awarded the £1m media account for cosmetics brand Space NK. A new campaign breaks on November 10, with creative by Wieden & Kennedy.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Consultant - Innovation and Marketing Capability Rare Selection Up to £55K + 20% bonus, Bucks