Media Planning Group's Thomas to leave after a year
LONDON - Martin Thomas, the Media Planning Group head of strategy, is to leave the agency at the end of the year to start his own consultancy.
Thomas joined in December 2005 from Nylon, the communications planning agency that he helped found.
It is not believed he will be directly replaced when he leaves. His duties will be taken on by the strategy team, which is overseen by Marie Oldham, strategy director at MPG.
Mark Craze, managing partner at MPG, said: "We respect Martin's decision and we wish him well. We already have a very strong strategy team in place that will ensure continuity and a top-flight service to clients."
Before helping to found Nylon in 2004, he was communications director for WPP Group's Mediaedge:cia. He comes from a background in PR, having been UK managing director of Cohn & Wolfe.
He said: "MPG is a terrific agency with a clear vision and a wonderful team of experienced people. But I have decided what I really want to do is set up my own consultancy. I feel I've reached a stage where it's time to do my own thing."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Periscope Recruitment LLP £50000 - £60000 per annum, London