InBev to review global media account
LONDON - Stella Artois brewer InBev has begun a global review of its media agencies and is asking networks to submit cost proposals for its media planning and buying arrangements.
The estimated £20m UK account is currently held by Publicis agency Starcom, which has also been asked to submit fee proposals.
InBev, which also owns the Beck's and Murphy's Irish Stout brands, recently decided to stop using above-the-line media to push Murphy's, Castlemaine XXXX and Boddingtons. It last month parted company with BBH, which had worked on those brands during a 15-year relationship.
An InBev spokeswoman said at the time: "We are looking for innovative ways to push the brands forward and didn't think BBH would be playing a role."
In August the brewer shifted the global business for Beck's out of Leo Burnett and into New York agency Ground Zero.
InBev has a portfolio of more than 200 brands and employs an estimated 85,000 people. The company runs operations in 32 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The company was formed in 2004 when Interbrew and Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) combined to create what is now the world's largest brewer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)