InBev to review global media account
LONDON - Stella Artois brewer InBev has begun a global review of its media agencies and is asking networks to submit cost proposals for its media planning and buying arrangements.
The estimated £20m UK account is currently held by Publicis agency Starcom, which has also been asked to submit fee proposals.
InBev, which also owns the Beck's and Murphy's Irish Stout brands, recently decided to stop using above-the-line media to push Murphy's, Castlemaine XXXX and Boddingtons. It last month parted company with BBH, which had worked on those brands during a 15-year relationship.
An InBev spokeswoman said at the time: "We are looking for innovative ways to push the brands forward and didn't think BBH would be playing a role."
In August the brewer shifted the global business for Beck's out of Leo Burnett and into New York agency Ground Zero.
InBev has a portfolio of more than 200 brands and employs an estimated 85,000 people. The company runs operations in 32 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The company was formed in 2004 when Interbrew and Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) combined to create what is now the world's largest brewer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London