Glenfiddich unveils integrated push for Christmas market
LONDON - Glenfiddich is launching an £1m integrated Christmas campaign, combining advertising, digital and direct marketing and centred around the whisky's first distillation date, Christmas Day 1887.
Created by Presky Maves, the campaign will feature press ads showing what appears at first glance to be a classic Christmas moment, but on further examination things are not necessarily as they seem. Readers are encouraged to find hidden festive clues online, which highlight the hidden parts of the pictures.
Entrants will register their answers and go into a draw for one of 1887 prizes, including a trip to the Glenfiddich Distillery for two.
As well as the ads in national press, in-store magazines and outdoor media, the campaign will cross radio, advertorials, and trade and consumer PR.
Below-the-line activity includes an email campaign to Glenfiddich.co.uk-registered members and a specially tailored direct mail version of the prize draw will be sent to members of the Glenfiddich CRM programme.
Stuart Woodington, creative director at Presky Maves, said: "The creative is everything it was supposed to be -- warm, undeniably festive but with a little extra something.
"The idea behind the campaign is to go where the money is spent -- 60% of all malt whisky is bought at Christmas of which 80% is gifts."
Lindsey Tier, group brand manager at Glenfiddich, said: "Presky Maves has stayed true to Glenfiddich's core brand heritage and, in doing so, has created a fully integrated campaign that is based on our previous advertising, while absolutely epitomising Glenfiddich's resonance during the festive gifting period."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London