Drinkaware Trust launches drink-drive campaign
LONDON - Stark reminders of the risks drink drivers face feature in an advertising campaign to tackle the issue by independent public body The Drinkaware Trust.
Created by agency Hey Moscow, the campaign is aimed at pub and clubgoers. Materials include posters, window stickers and beer mats, which carry a reminder of the risks drink divers face.
The campaign issues warnings such as "Did you know? If you are found guilty of causing death by drink driving, you could get up to 14 years in prison". Or "Did you know? If you are caught drinking and driving, you could get six months in prison, a £5,000 fine and a minimum 12 month driving ban".
In addition, executions show pictures of a train next to a police car, or a designated driver next to an ambulance, to highlight what could happen if you drink and drive.
Each execution ends with the strapline "Drink or drive... you decide".
Kate Winstanley, director of campaigns and information at The Drinkaware Trust, said: "The vast majority of motorists know the dangers and obey the law, but a minority of irresponsible and reckless drivers are ignoring it. If you are planning on drinking when you go out, leave the car at home, and if you can't use public transport, designate a non-drinking driver."
Drinkaware is an initiative born from the Government's Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy. It brings together industry, charities, lobby groups, medical professionals and experts in the field to address alcohol misuse and promote sensible drinking across the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire