WFCA beats Total to take £1m Budgens media account
LONDON - Full-service agency WFCA has been appointed by supermarket chain Budgens to handle its £1m media buying and planning as part of a two-way pitch against incumbent Total Media.
The win means WFCA now handles the consolidated creative and media account for the convenience retailer in the UK.
Budgens is part of the Musgrave Group, the Irish company that also owns the Londis supermarket chain.
The supermarket has been a community food retailer for more than 125 years and now has 227 Budgens stores in the UK.
Ross Halliday, acting marketing director for brand owners Musgrave Budgens Londis, said: "WFCA really showed us the commercial advantage of combining our creative and media services. Moving forward, this new approach for us will ensure a truly integrated plan for the Budgens brand and our retailers."
Bill Jones, media director at WFCA, said: "It is great that Budgens has recognised the benefit of combining media with creative. We intend to show the commercial advantages of integration, as well as deliver added value through pro-activity and media relations."
WFCA's clients also include Abbot Ale, Bupa International, Eurotunnel and Old Speckled Hen.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London