Ipsos acquires offices in Iraq and Egypt
LONDON - French market research firm Ipsos is to expand its presence in the Middle East as it opens offices in Egypt and Iraq on the back of two acquisitions.
The agency says the acquisitions of the research division of IMI in Egypt and Ipsos's local fieldwork partner IDRS in Iraq completes its geographical coverage through the Middle East and North Africa region.
In Egypt, Ipsos acquired the research division of IMI - International Marketing & Management Institute - representing 80% of IMI shares. IMI was founded in 1999 by a group of investors and is managed by one of its founders and partners, Amr Kais, who becomes managing director of the new Ipsos company.
The firm will employ 24 researchers and will offer media research and monitoring, advertising and marketing research as well as research for customer relationship management.
In Iraq, the group has acquired 70% of IDRS, a company set up two years ago exclusively to handle all Ipsos fieldwork business in the country.
Ipsos has operated in the region since 1988 and now has offices in nine countries - Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq, with more than 350 full-time employees.
Edouard Monin, the group's CEO for the Middle East and North Africa area, said: "The Egyptian research market is one of the most dynamic in the region with an absolute growth of 20% in 2005 compared to 2004."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London