AmEx consolidates international media into MindShare
LONDON - American Express has consolidated its media planning and buying business into MindShare in all markets apart from Japan by moving its UK and Italy accounts into the WPP agency without a pitch.
The credit card giant's £9.4m UK account is moving out of Carat at the end of this year following a three-month review, which is believed to have been led by its procurement department.
In Italy the losing agency was ZenithOptimedia, but in Japan the account has stayed with Dentsu.
MindShare now holds AmEx's business across the world **apart from Japan**. Having secured the bulk of it in 1998, it last competed for the account in 2004 against Initiative and Carat, when it was worth $350m. The UK, Italy and Japan were excluded from that pitch.
None of the agencies were available for comment.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1