AmEx consolidates international media into MindShare
LONDON - American Express has consolidated its media planning and buying business into MindShare in all markets apart from Japan by moving its UK and Italy accounts into the WPP agency without a pitch.
The credit card giant's £9.4m UK account is moving out of Carat at the end of this year following a three-month review, which is believed to have been led by its procurement department.
In Italy the losing agency was ZenithOptimedia, but in Japan the account has stayed with Dentsu.
MindShare now holds AmEx's business across the world **apart from Japan**. Having secured the bulk of it in 1998, it last competed for the account in 2004 against Initiative and Carat, when it was worth $350m. The UK, Italy and Japan were excluded from that pitch.
None of the agencies were available for comment.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london