Charities join to host web fundraising seminar
LONDON - Charities will be given advice on improving the fundraising performance of their websites at a special event hosted by The Institute of Fundraising next Tuesday.
The key speaker is Jason Potts, director of Think Consulting Solutions, who has warned that charities are missing the internet's fundraising potential and should be measuring their performance through web analytics.
Potts said: "I know of one charity that for every 3,000 hits to its direct debit page only 150 of these actually take out direct debits. So rather than thinking about more banner ads and other drivers, charities in this position should be trying to improve their conversion rates."
His presentation will be followed by a panel session featuring Bertie Bosredon, head of new media at Breast Cancer Care and Stuart McCoy, database marketing analyst at Help the Aged.
The event will take place on Tuesday November 28 between 5pm and 7.30pm at Cancer Research UK's offices in Lincoln's Inn Fields in London. Tickets are payable in advance at a cost of £10 for Institute of Fundraising members and £15 for non-members.
For more details and reservations contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)