Charities join to host web fundraising seminar
LONDON - Charities will be given advice on improving the fundraising performance of their websites at a special event hosted by The Institute of Fundraising next Tuesday.
The key speaker is Jason Potts, director of Think Consulting Solutions, who has warned that charities are missing the internet's fundraising potential and should be measuring their performance through web analytics.
Potts said: "I know of one charity that for every 3,000 hits to its direct debit page only 150 of these actually take out direct debits. So rather than thinking about more banner ads and other drivers, charities in this position should be trying to improve their conversion rates."
His presentation will be followed by a panel session featuring Bertie Bosredon, head of new media at Breast Cancer Care and Stuart McCoy, database marketing analyst at Help the Aged.
The event will take place on Tuesday November 28 between 5pm and 7.30pm at Cancer Research UK's offices in Lincoln's Inn Fields in London. Tickets are payable in advance at a cost of £10 for Institute of Fundraising members and £15 for non-members.
For more details and reservations contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London