Omnicom appoints Payne as MD of PHD Asia Pacific
LONDON - Omnicom Media Group has named Paul Payne, strategy director of OMD Australia, as managing director of PHD Asia Pacific.
Payne, who has been strategy director at OMD Australia since 2003, is credited with helping to bring account wins with Telstra, Fonterra, Dell and Beiersdorf to the group, and will now report to Mike Cooper, chief executive officer at Omnicom Media Group.
Prior to joining OMD Australia, Payne held positions at Carat, Clemenger BBDO and The Media Palace.
Cooper said: "Paul is the perfect person to lead PHD in the region. He is an outstanding strategic thinker and is at the same time highly creative.
"His talents are ideally suited to the pioneering positioning of PHD and we believe that he will lead this exciting new network to great success across the Asia Pacific region."
Payne said: "I couldn't help but seize the opportunity to be a part of a growing network that truly stands for something different."
Omnicom opened PHD Asia Pacific in March and now has offices in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and New Zealand.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham