Omnicom appoints Payne as MD of PHD Asia Pacific
LONDON - Omnicom Media Group has named Paul Payne, strategy director of OMD Australia, as managing director of PHD Asia Pacific.
Payne, who has been strategy director at OMD Australia since 2003, is credited with helping to bring account wins with Telstra, Fonterra, Dell and Beiersdorf to the group, and will now report to Mike Cooper, chief executive officer at Omnicom Media Group.
Prior to joining OMD Australia, Payne held positions at Carat, Clemenger BBDO and The Media Palace.
Cooper said: "Paul is the perfect person to lead PHD in the region. He is an outstanding strategic thinker and is at the same time highly creative.
"His talents are ideally suited to the pioneering positioning of PHD and we believe that he will lead this exciting new network to great success across the Asia Pacific region."
Payne said: "I couldn't help but seize the opportunity to be a part of a growing network that truly stands for something different."
Omnicom opened PHD Asia Pacific in March and now has offices in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and New Zealand.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London