EuroDirect appointed to improve Ascot's data strategy
LONDON - Ascot Racecourse is improving its database analytics and customer recruitment programme by using EuroDirect's Cameo and Microvision software.
Ascot Racecourse's database holds information on more than 110,000 customers, 60,000 of whom are Royal Ascot attendees. These customers are already targeted using a variety of direct marketing and advertising.
However, Ascot Racecourse wanted to develop its below-the-line prospecting strategy and is using Microvision, which includes customer classification system Cameo and media and Census data.
Ascot Racecourse is using the software to apply Cameo classifications to its database, enabling it to achieve socio-economic, geographic and behavioural insights into its customers. This will allow it to establish those of the highest value and distinguish between those visitors who mostly attend evening meets and those who only attend higher-profile events.
The resulting analysis will be used by Ascot Racecourse to: produce post-sector rankings to target areas for leaflet drops; create targeted "cold" seasonal direct mail campaigns using prospect data; and analyse media coverage to visualise above-the-line marketing spend and response rates and better allocate marketing budget.
Sonia Hamilton, Ascot Racecourse's head of ICT, said: "We are excited about the prospect of getting a real insight into our customers. Enriching our customer database and employing sophisticated targeting tools will not only improve Ascot's efforts to out current visitors, but will allow us to invite a much wider audience to our race meetings in the months and years to come."
John Dobson, EuroDirect's managing director, said: "It's great to see companies throughout the leisure industry harnessing the power of marketing intelligence systems such as Microvision and Cameo to improve their return on marketing investment."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East