BOA appoints Zimmer to develop Olympics sponsorship
LONDON - The British Olympic Association has appointed Mark Zimmer, its former head of appeals, as director of corporate partnerships.
Zimmer, who was appeals director at the BOA between 2003 and 2004 when he ran the appeal ahead of the 2004 Athens Olympic Games, has been give responsibility for the BOA's fundraising programme for the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games.
Using his marketing and business experience, Zimmer will work closely with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games to provide sponsorship opportunities for the BOA and Team GB athletes as the 2012 sponsors are signed up.
Simon Clegg, chief executive of the BOA, said: "Mark will be an integral part of the team as we look to increase the level of support for the Olympic governing bodies and our Team GB athletes in the lead up to London 2012."
"Increasing the size of Team GB from 271 in Athens to more than 700 in London and ensuring the valuable opportunities for our Olympic athletes of the future, together with the added responsibilities of being the host Olympic Committee, will add significantly to the BOA's costs in the next six years. Mark's experience and skills will help us increase our revenue streams in order to meet the challenging demands ahead."
Zimmer said: "I am delighted to be returning to the BOA. The success of London 2012 will be measured not only by how well they are organised, but also by the success of Team GB. I am proud to be able to contribute to that process and look forward to tackling the challenges that lie ahead."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Digital Search Account Manager - London - £28K to £32K - www.we Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London