Dazed site revamp to include videos and community
LONDON - Dazed & Confused is to expand its online presence in a major investment in social media, adding videos, music programmes and community elements.
Dazed Digital, the first step in a major investment by the Dazed Group in digital media, aims to complement its print titles Dazed & Confused, Another Magazine and AnOtherMan.
Taking inspiration from sites such as MySpace and YouTube, the Dazed site will host regular video programmes such as Dazed Live Sessions -- live gigs by the magazine's pick of new bands. It will also feature fashion content, going live with a project on Inspiration featuring contributions from Hedi Slimane of Dior Homme and Francisco Costa of Calvin Klein.
Dazed is hoping to harness its community and encourage it to post content and interact with contributors. The site already features various blogs by the likes of Karen O of The Yeah Yeah Yeahs alongside a daily fashion blog from the editorial staff of the magazine and a number of international contributors.
Rob Montgomery, associate publisher of Dazed & Confused, said: "We looked at the success of web-based TV sites like YouTube and also studied what we could learn from online community sites like MySpace. We found that our readers wanted a more editorialised multimedia experience on the web, a place where they could trust the content, and to be part of a more selective online community."
In addition, the site will have an ongoing commitment to social causes beginning with a broadcast in support of the Red campaign for World Aids Day on December 1 in partnership with MySpace.
Dazed & Confused has joined forces with MySpace to support World Aids Day, by encouraging the public to submit artwork and pledge their backing to join the Red initiative alongside celebrities such as actress turned singer Juliette Lewis, actor Rhys Ifans and model Helena Christensen.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)