Hicklin Slade promotes Thwaites to planning director
LONDON - Hicklin Slade has promoted Dan Thwaites from director of digital to planning director, making him responsible for all the agency's account and communications planning.
Former planning director Mark Runacus has taken the new role of chief strategy officer. He will work closely with clients on strategic issues and will focus on the agency's data insight capability and its strategic direction.
Thwaites and his team have developed a new online prospect relationship marketing strategy for Honda and integrated work for Camelot since he joined Hicklin Slade in the spring.
Prior to joining he was RMG Connect's strategy and planning director, working on a client list including HSBC, B&Q and Shell.
His promotion gives him a place on the Hicklin Slade board and he will continue to head the digital side of the business.
Thwaites believes that clients will continue to put money into digital activity, but their focus on accountability and measurement will increase.
"Clients will develop ever more integrated measurement, and will expect agencies to deliver against them," Thwaites said.
"And this will include digital channels - for far too long digital has been treated as a separate activity by clients; it's now set to join the marketing mix as just another communications channel."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Publisher Director Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London