Defra seeks agency for air pollution brief
LONDON - The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is hunting for an advertising agency to develop a climate change campaign to encourage consumers to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions.
The Central Office of Information, on the department's behalf, has invited Vallance Carruthers Coleman Priest, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and DFGW to pitch.
The campaign will support the government's target to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 20% by 2010 from the levels in 1990. It will also support its tough domestic target of a 60% reduction by 2050.
The department said the aim of the campaign is to increase consumers' understanding of the impact carbon dioxide emissions have on climate change, highlight lifestyle and household behaviours that produce carbon dioxide, such as heating, lighting and travelling, and encourage people to reduce their personal impact on the climate.
Consumers will receive support from the government through a new online carbon calculator, to be launched in spring 2007.
David Miliband, the environment secretary, said: "Climate change is one of the biggest challenges facing us today. Government has an important role to play, but so does business and the individual. Only if we all act together, will we move Britain towards a low carbon economy and reduce emissions."
The brief is until March 2008 and the result of the pitch will be announced in December 2006. The communications planning agency for the campaign will be PHD.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London