Mediaedge:cia scoops gold at Campaign Media Awards
LONDON - Mediaedge:cia has won the gold award at this year's Campaign Media Awards, for its 'It makes business sense' campaign for Xerox.
The WPP Group-owned agency scooped Media Campaign of the Year for its efforts to highlight Xerox's colour printing technology.
The campaign included innovations such as turning the "Alex" comic strip from black and white into colour in the Daily Telegraph, and introducing colour on the business pages of The Independent, which are usually black and white.
Other winners at the event, held at the Hurlingham Club in London last night, included David Pattison, the outgoing chief executive of PHD Worldwide. He scooped the Media Achiever of the Year gong, with judges citing his achievements in expanding PHD globally and being the first person from a media background to become president of the IPA.
A number of sales teams were also recognised at the event. Emap2Advertising won Cross-media Sales Team of the Year; Print Sales Team of the Year went to Emap's Grazia; and Viacom Outdoor scooped Outdoor Sales Team of the Year.
For broadcast media, Emap Advertising won Radio Sales Team of the Year for its work across stations such as Kerrang! and Kiss; and Viacom Brand Solutions won TV Sales Team of the Year.
Digital Sales Team of the Year went to The Guardian's online operation Guardian Unlimited.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire