Sky Magazine contract goes to News Magazines
LONDON - News Corporation-owned BSkyB has handed its main customer magazine contract to News Magazines in a blow to incumbent agency John Brown.
News Magazines, the recently launched division of Sky sister company News International, will take over Sky Magazine next summer.
It is the first customer magazine win for the division, which was created last year to take News International into the consumer magazine arena. The titles it has launched so far include real life weekly Love It! and homes monthly Inside Out.
Sky Magazine was launched as a TV listings guide in 1994 and is the biggest circulation title in the UK because it goes out to Sky's entire 8m-strong subscriber base. John Brown has held the account since winning it from Redwood in 2002.
Sky called the pitch after deciding to launch additional customer magazines focused on its sport and movies offering. It October it appointed Haymarket Publishing to produce the sports title and Future to produce the movies title.
Sky today signalled it may launch another title, saying "further segmentation may be considered in the future".
Camilla Rhodes, chief executive of News Magazines, said: "It is great to have won such a highly competitive and rigorous pitch. We relish the chance to create brilliant magazines that go beyond a contract solution and to reach in excess of 8m homes each month is a truly fantastic opportunity."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London
- Packaging Artworker Periscope Recruitment LLP £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- CRM Manager, Netherlands Premier Consultants c.€65k plus bonus, Amsterdam
- Account Executive - Maternity Cover AF Selection Up to £23,000 & benefits, West Midlands
- Senior Designer - Ad Agency Periscope Recruitment LLP £45000 - £55000 per annum, Windsor