Creston spends £19m on healthcare agency Pan
LONDON - Marketing services group Creston, which owns ad agency DLKW, has acquired healthcare advertising agency Pan Advertising for up to £18.8m and revealed first-half pre-tax profits are up 35% to £4.9m.
It bought Pan on Friday for £10.1m in cash and a maximum of £8.7m dependent on its future financial performance. Pan is a full-service agency that Creston believes will complement its healthcare PR agency Red Door.
Don Elgie, chief executive of Creston, said: "Healthcare is a vibrant and growing sector and Pan further strengthens our healthcare offering to clients."
Creston's acquisitions of direct marketing agency Tullo Marshall Warren and market research group ICM for a total of almost £76m in May helped its first half revenues soar by 43% to £53.5m.
It was confident about its outlook, saying the overall market continues to exhibit growth and is stimulated by the growth of digital platforms.
Major client wins in the period included: Morrisons, by its ad agency DLKW; Vodafone online research, by ICM; Sony Ericsson qualitative research, by its other market research company CML; and pan-European Nissan direct marketing, by TMW.
Creston claims that at 17% its profit margin continues to exceed the industry average. It has increased its interim dividend by 10% to 0.88p.
Elgie said: "Our strategy of building a diversified international marketing services group through a combination of organic growth and selective acquisitions continues to progress well."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge