Creston spends £19m on healthcare agency Pan
LONDON - Marketing services group Creston, which owns ad agency DLKW, has acquired healthcare advertising agency Pan Advertising for up to £18.8m and revealed first-half pre-tax profits are up 35% to £4.9m.
It bought Pan on Friday for £10.1m in cash and a maximum of £8.7m dependent on its future financial performance. Pan is a full-service agency that Creston believes will complement its healthcare PR agency Red Door.
Don Elgie, chief executive of Creston, said: "Healthcare is a vibrant and growing sector and Pan further strengthens our healthcare offering to clients."
Creston's acquisitions of direct marketing agency Tullo Marshall Warren and market research group ICM for a total of almost £76m in May helped its first half revenues soar by 43% to £53.5m.
It was confident about its outlook, saying the overall market continues to exhibit growth and is stimulated by the growth of digital platforms.
Major client wins in the period included: Morrisons, by its ad agency DLKW; Vodafone online research, by ICM; Sony Ericsson qualitative research, by its other market research company CML; and pan-European Nissan direct marketing, by TMW.
Creston claims that at 17% its profit margin continues to exceed the industry average. It has increased its interim dividend by 10% to 0.88p.
Elgie said: "Our strategy of building a diversified international marketing services group through a combination of organic growth and selective acquisitions continues to progress well."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London