PlayStation agrees deal with MGN for Daily Mirror inserts
LONDON - Sony PlayStation has agreed a deal with MGN to create an insert campaign for the Daily Mirror's We Love Telly listings guide, starting this weekend.
The insert campaign, which begins on December 9, has been created by Manning Gottlieb OMD's entertainment division invENTS and MGN. It will feature a branded polybag and pocket-size card containing information on the latest PlayStation2 game releases.
According to Trinity Mirror, it is the first time such cards have been used as inserts in a national press campaign.
Pathman Ruthirapathy, account planner buyer for Sony PlayStation, said: "We wanted to get readers interacting with the PlayStation brand and MGN inserts have been extremely flexible in helping us develop this idea, enabling us to organise and execute the campaign quickly and effectively."
In further news, MGN has agreed a deal with M2M Media to promote free-to-air digital TV service Freeview across Trinity Mirror's print and online titles and supplements, including the Daily Mirror, the Daily Record, We Love Telly, Celebs on Sunday and the Mirror website.
Trinity Mirror said the campaign would focus on We Love Telly's media partnership with Freeview, which will include a bumper Christmas We Love Freeview listings edition and a special daily column called Freeview Choice in the drama and entertainment preview pages.
The publisher has also created an online presence for We Love Telly, which will be promoted across Trinity Mirror's print and online portfolio.
David Emin, director of advertising at MGN, said: "This package enables [our readership] to discover the benefits of Freeview while planning their TV schedule in the run-up to Christmas."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London