Domino's partners Special Olympics in marketing drive
LONDON - Pizza delivery chain Domino's has launched a 'Dough to Go' campaign to raise funds to help local athletes competing in the UK's Special Olympics get to the 2007 World Summer Games in Shanghai.
Domino's will also be hosting a series of 'Come and Try' sporting events throughout the UK to spread the word about the Special Olympics and recruit new athletes to participate in different sports events at all levels.
The company will raise awareness for the partnership and its goals on pizza boxes and via a heavyweight marketing and PR campaign. Domino's Pizza has more than 400 franchises throughout the UK and each local campaign will be slightly different with centralised support coming from Domino's HQ.
Special Olympics Great Britain is a voluntary organisation that specialises in year-round, local-level sports training for people with learning disabilities as well as local, national and international competitions. It currently supports 7,000 athletes.
Chris Moore, Domino's chief operating officer, said: "We have formed this partnership with SOGB because we are inspired by the passion and enthusiasm of their staff, volunteers and athletes. Our support will enable SOGB to raise much-needed funds and, perhaps more importantly, attract new volunteers and athletes."
Lawrie McMenemy MBE, chairman of SOGB, said: "We are delighted that Domino's pizza has chosen SOGB as its charity of choice at a time where vital funds are needed to get talented athletes to the 2007 World Summer Games.
"It costs £2,000 for an athlete to attend, funded primarily by friends and family, so any money raised by Domino's will go towards helping talented athletes realise their dream."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London