Henry signed up for Tommy Hilfiger campaigns
LONDON - Fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger has signed up France and Arsenal footballer Thierry Henry as a global brand ambassador to feature in marketing and advertising activity next year.
As part of the deal Tommy Hilfiger will release a Thierry Henry collection and the footballer will be involved in promotional activity campaigns in the spring and autumn.
In turn the fashion brand will become a sponsor for Henry's charity The One 4 All Foundation, set up to combat poverty and racism through education projects.
Brand founder Tommy Hilfiger said: "Thierry Henry embodies a unique sense of modern style which is integral to my design philosophy. He is arguably the greatest player in the world's most popular sport.
"Anyone who has seen him play will relate to the apparent grace he shows as he glides past opponents. Moreover, his commitment to social causes off the field is very inspiring."
This latest move comes amid a ramping up of activity across Europe for Tommy Hilfiger. This year it has opened stores in Paris, Prague, Florence and most recently London alongside established stores in Milan, Amsterdam, Berlin and Madrid.
In October this year it awarded Carat its £15m pan-European media planning and buying account, previously held by Interpublic Group.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London