Dulux to sponsor Channel 4's US comedy series Ugly Betty
LONDON - Paint manufacturer Dulux is to sponsor Channel 4's run of the hit US comedy drama 'Ugly Betty', which stars America Ferrera and 'Extras' star Ashley Jensen.
The Dulux ident deal, which features the tagline "We know the colours that go", will run for the duration of the series' 22 episodes, which will air on Channel 4 and E4 from early January. The idents have been created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the paint company's advertising agency, and the deal was brokered by Andy Thornes, director of TV at Initiative.
'Ugly Betty' has been a hit with US audiences, attracting an average of 16m viewers an episode on ABC. It follows the story of Betty Suarez, a young Hispanic woman played by Ferrera, who lands a job at prestigious New York fashion magazine Mode, and has to face daily ridicule about her ungainly appearance.
Patrick Owen, group account director at Initiative for Dulux, said: "A top-rating programme in the US, 'Ugly Betty' will allow the brand to strengthen its relationship with a key target audience beyond the traditional home interest segment."
Channel 4 acquired the exclusive UK rights to 'Ugly Betty', produced by the actress Salma Hayek, from Buena Vista International Television in June. The show is based on the Colombian hit TV series 'Betty La Fea'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Manager - Brand EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum + Car & benefits , London