Dulux to sponsor Channel 4's US comedy series Ugly Betty
LONDON - Paint manufacturer Dulux is to sponsor Channel 4's run of the hit US comedy drama 'Ugly Betty', which stars America Ferrera and 'Extras' star Ashley Jensen.
The Dulux ident deal, which features the tagline "We know the colours that go", will run for the duration of the series' 22 episodes, which will air on Channel 4 and E4 from early January. The idents have been created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the paint company's advertising agency, and the deal was brokered by Andy Thornes, director of TV at Initiative.
'Ugly Betty' has been a hit with US audiences, attracting an average of 16m viewers an episode on ABC. It follows the story of Betty Suarez, a young Hispanic woman played by Ferrera, who lands a job at prestigious New York fashion magazine Mode, and has to face daily ridicule about her ungainly appearance.
Patrick Owen, group account director at Initiative for Dulux, said: "A top-rating programme in the US, 'Ugly Betty' will allow the brand to strengthen its relationship with a key target audience beyond the traditional home interest segment."
Channel 4 acquired the exclusive UK rights to 'Ugly Betty', produced by the actress Salma Hayek, from Buena Vista International Television in June. The show is based on the Colombian hit TV series 'Betty La Fea'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London