The Sunday Times pens deal with Land Rover to promote latest Clint Eastwood film
LONDON - The Sunday Times has completed a deal with Land Rover to offer advanced screenings of director Clint Eastwood's World War II epic, 'Flags of Our Fathers', at 40 Vue Cinemas UK multiplexes.
The Go Beyond promotion with Land Rover offers viewers the chance to watch free screenings for 'Flags of Our Fathers' a week prior to its official UK release on December 22, by calling a booking number available on The Times Online on the morning of December 17.
The film, which stars Ryan Phillippe and Jamie Bell, is about six US soldiers in World War II who fought in the battle of Iwo Jima in 1945 and were photographed by Joe Rosenthal in the picture 'Raising the flag on Iwo Jima', which became the most famous shot of the war. Rosenthal, who won a Pulitzer Prize for his photograph, died in August.
The film of the six men, who included Ira Hayes, who was later immortalised in a song by Johnny Cash 'The ballad of Ira Hayes. He is played Adam Beach in the film, which is being earmarked as a potential Oscar winner.
Go Beyond is a series of promotions being offered by The Sunday Times allowing film fans to watch advanced UK screenings of a variety of forthcoming Hollywood releases.
Full details of the 'Flags of Our Fathers' promotion and the 40 participating VUE cinemas are available via The Times' screen homepage.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager (Integrated) air recruitment £25k-£38k, Central London