Co-op Bank wins best TV ad with ethical campaign
LONDON - The Co-operative Bank has won best TV ad at the inaugural Green Awards for its 'stand up' spot, by direct marketing agency Dig For Fire, which held off competition from Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and O2.
The winning commercial aired this summer and was part of an integrated campaign aimed at highlighting the company's ethical credentials. It featured members of the public voicing opinions on subjects ranging from climate change to human rights, and how easy it is do something positive.
Zoe Shore, account director at Dig For Fire, said: "The Green Awards prove that ethics and doing the right thing doesn't have to be dull and worthy.
"In fact, creativity and promoting green issues across different media platforms is the key to encouraging greater consumer participation and behavioural change."
The Co-operative Bank has also supported Friends of The Earth's Big Ask national press campaign to table a climate change bill that will aim to set annual government emission targets.
The Green Awards, which are sponsored by Media Guardian and Energy Saving Trust in partnership with Friends of the Earth, were devised to give recognition to brands that highlight sustainable development and corporate social responsibility in ad campaigns.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)