Co-op Bank wins best TV ad with ethical campaign
LONDON - The Co-operative Bank has won best TV ad at the inaugural Green Awards for its 'stand up' spot, by direct marketing agency Dig For Fire, which held off competition from Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and O2.
The winning commercial aired this summer and was part of an integrated campaign aimed at highlighting the company's ethical credentials. It featured members of the public voicing opinions on subjects ranging from climate change to human rights, and how easy it is do something positive.
Zoe Shore, account director at Dig For Fire, said: "The Green Awards prove that ethics and doing the right thing doesn't have to be dull and worthy.
"In fact, creativity and promoting green issues across different media platforms is the key to encouraging greater consumer participation and behavioural change."
The Co-operative Bank has also supported Friends of The Earth's Big Ask national press campaign to table a climate change bill that will aim to set annual government emission targets.
The Green Awards, which are sponsored by Media Guardian and Energy Saving Trust in partnership with Friends of the Earth, were devised to give recognition to brands that highlight sustainable development and corporate social responsibility in ad campaigns.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London