NBA selects Ad Pepper as global online sales agent
LONDON - The National Basketball Association has appointed Ad Pepper Media as its worldwide media sales house for NBA.com outside the US.
Ad Pepper Media beat nine other hopefuls to secure the two-year rolling contract, which means NBA.com will become one of Ad Pepper's premier brands and the flagship site in its sports offering.
It will offer banner, skyscraper, MPU and pre-roll advertising opportunities throughout its global network.
As one of the top sports sites in the world, receiving over 50% of traffic from outside the US, NBA.com attracts over 2.6m global users and generates 10m monthly impressions during the NBA season from the UK alone.
Mark Nall, managing director of Ad Pepper, said: "The NBA has over 450m fans worldwide and is putting its great game and marketing expertise behind growing that base in the UK and Europe.
"As an advertising opportunity it delivers an audience distinct from mainstream sports content," added Nall. "The NBA is about music, fashion and entertainment. Its audience compromises young, digitally aware, image-conscious opinion formers - a highly attractive proposition for advertisers."
UK visitors to the site are likely to increase thanks to a Government initiative next year to bring sport to inner-city venues and schools. The NBA has scheduled a series of live events for Europe as it seeks to developing outside the US with an NBA Europe Live Tour in October, set to be repeated in 2007 with London's O2 Arena cited as a possible venue.
Ad Pepper has also secured realbuzz.com to sit alongside NBA.com. The site focuses on sport and related fitness and partners with official marathon sites including the Flora London Marathon, New York and Chicago marathons.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol