NBA selects Ad Pepper as global online sales agent
LONDON - The National Basketball Association has appointed Ad Pepper Media as its worldwide media sales house for NBA.com outside the US.
Ad Pepper Media beat nine other hopefuls to secure the two-year rolling contract, which means NBA.com will become one of Ad Pepper's premier brands and the flagship site in its sports offering.
It will offer banner, skyscraper, MPU and pre-roll advertising opportunities throughout its global network.
As one of the top sports sites in the world, receiving over 50% of traffic from outside the US, NBA.com attracts over 2.6m global users and generates 10m monthly impressions during the NBA season from the UK alone.
Mark Nall, managing director of Ad Pepper, said: "The NBA has over 450m fans worldwide and is putting its great game and marketing expertise behind growing that base in the UK and Europe.
"As an advertising opportunity it delivers an audience distinct from mainstream sports content," added Nall. "The NBA is about music, fashion and entertainment. Its audience compromises young, digitally aware, image-conscious opinion formers - a highly attractive proposition for advertisers."
UK visitors to the site are likely to increase thanks to a Government initiative next year to bring sport to inner-city venues and schools. The NBA has scheduled a series of live events for Europe as it seeks to developing outside the US with an NBA Europe Live Tour in October, set to be repeated in 2007 with London's O2 Arena cited as a possible venue.
Ad Pepper has also secured realbuzz.com to sit alongside NBA.com. The site focuses on sport and related fitness and partners with official marathon sites including the Flora London Marathon, New York and Chicago marathons.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London