IDM Guru series goes on UK tour with new expert
LONDON - The IDM is to take its Guru series outside London for the first time, with direct marketing creative expert Andy Owen scheduled to visit four other major cities in January and February to talk about copywriting.
Copywriter Owen, of Andy Owen Associates, is an adviser to BBC Worldwide, Air Miles, HSBC and COI. He promises to bring a wealth of examples of good, bad and unusual copy and will cover topics including promotional postcards, direct response advertising and online marketing.
Joanna King, IDM programme director, said: "We're thrilled that such an accomplished copywriting expert and gifted speaker has joined our guru roster. The fact that Andy has also agreed to take the series on tour means that those who would otherwise find it difficult to get to a London venue have the opportunity to benefit from his experience first-hand."
Former speakers include Sean Kelly, the founder of Data Warehouse Network. The masterclasses, which are normally based in London, will visit Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow.
The IDM Guru series was launched in May 2005 as a result of direct feedback from IDM members. For more information visit www.theidm.com/guru.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players negotiable, London
- Digital Senior Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London