IDM Guru series goes on UK tour with new expert
LONDON - The IDM is to take its Guru series outside London for the first time, with direct marketing creative expert Andy Owen scheduled to visit four other major cities in January and February to talk about copywriting.
Copywriter Owen, of Andy Owen Associates, is an adviser to BBC Worldwide, Air Miles, HSBC and COI. He promises to bring a wealth of examples of good, bad and unusual copy and will cover topics including promotional postcards, direct response advertising and online marketing.
Joanna King, IDM programme director, said: "We're thrilled that such an accomplished copywriting expert and gifted speaker has joined our guru roster. The fact that Andy has also agreed to take the series on tour means that those who would otherwise find it difficult to get to a London venue have the opportunity to benefit from his experience first-hand."
Former speakers include Sean Kelly, the founder of Data Warehouse Network. The masterclasses, which are normally based in London, will visit Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow.
The IDM Guru series was launched in May 2005 as a result of direct feedback from IDM members. For more information visit www.theidm.com/guru.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Social Media Senior Research Executive within Media Agency Elizabeth Norman International £28000 - £32000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Managers/Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Communications Assistant Olam International UK Ltd £23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience, Central London