Nintendo to promote Wii console through MSN peel ad campaign
LONDON - Nintendo has agreed a deal with Microsoft Digital Advertising Solutions to promote the game maker's newly launched Wii console through a series of peel ads on the MSN homepage.
The campaign, which was planned and bought by MEC Interaction, will feature ads in the top right-hand corner of the MSN homepage, which will peel down to reveal details on the Wii console, which launched in Europe on December 8.
The ads are aimed at 15- to 34-year-old computer game enthusiasts who use MSN and Windows Live packages. According to Microsoft, it is the first time that peel ads have been used on the MSN Homepage to promote a product.
Katy Adelson, digital marketing manager at Microsoft Digital Advertising, said: "This campaign shows that premium technology brands such as Nintendo are embracing online and understand its power in the marketing mix.
"The campaign has particular importance as it highlights the creative use of the MSN Homepage and an integrated use of MSN and Windows Live services."
The MSN peel ads are part of a wider national outdoor and TV campaign for the Nintendo Wii.
The Wii is the manufacturer's next generation console which is competing head-to-head against Sony's PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360.
Wii has been on sale in North America since November 19, where it is expected to shift 4m units by the end of the year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London