TfL appoints McLeod as head of marketing
LONDON - Government department Transport for London has named Chris McLeod, the former CDP and McCann Erickson managing partner, as its new head of marketing.
McLeod, who will report to director of marketing Nigel Marson, will oversee advertising concessions on London transportation, including the £800m 10-year contract for the London Underground, which was retained by Viacom Outdoor in May.
After a short stint as a managing partner at McCann Erickson, McLeod has been running his own consultancy since 2003 and working as a director of a number of marketing-oriented businesses including US pizza delivery company Papa John's, and Ads In Store, an in-store media venture with the Dixons Stores Group.
He is expected to be involved in the tender process for any future distribution of free newspapers on the Tube network, and will also take charge of educating the public on London's Congestion Charge, which is due to be rolled out into the West of London from February 19 next year.
McLeod's career in advertising and marketing began at Leagas Delaney in 1982. He went on to work at Saatchi & Saatchi where he progressed to be a group director and worked on accounts such as Procter & Gamble and IBM.
He left Saatchis in 1987 to join Laing Henry but returned to Saatchi & Saatchi in 1995 when it bought the agency.
In 1996, he joined Collet Dickenson Pearce, famous for campaigns for Hamlet, Benson & Hedges and Hovis.
As chief executive, he developed its marketing communications offering, setting up PR, direct marketing and digital subsidiaries. He was also a director of its media joint venture with CIA.
A former chairman of the Marketing Society, he currently heads the fellows group at the industry body.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London