DoH appoints Lowe and Experience to recruitment account
LONDON - The Department of Health has selected Lowe and strategic planning agency Experience to handle recruitment campaigns, designed to attract more people into the social care profession.
Initially this will involve delivering a social care campaign in March 2007, aimed at encouraging more people to become social care workers.
The pitch also invited strategic proposals on potential future recruitment into social work and healthcare careers.
COI managed the pitch, which also featured communication planning agencies Manning Gottlieb OMD, PHD and Starcom, plus creative agencies Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Publicis and Leo Burnett, which was the incumbent on the creative account.
The DoH confirmed the move is a result of a desire to regularly review and refresh its approach.
Last week, The DoH appointed Farm to handle an ad campaign promoting a future ban on smoking in public places in England.
Spend on the campaign will be an estimated £10m, which is believed to be nearly half the DoH's annual anti-smoking budget. Health secretary Patricia Hewitt has said that the ban will come into force on July 1 next year.
Burnetts created the 2004 DoH recruitment drive in which a commuter with epilepsy falls down a flight of stairs. His journey through the NHS is described in a voiceover using real NHS staff.
The campaign, which ran between March and May 2004, prompted 94,000 calls about jobs to the NHS in its first 10 weeks.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London