Employee of The Month film to use MySpace for promotion
LONDON - 'Employee of The Month', a teen comedy starring Jessica Simpson, is to be supported by a Greenroom Digital-created integrated ad campaign that will appear on MySpace.
The film, released in the UK on January 5, will be promoted via a MySpace page, which will feature viral video content and a viewer competition to upload their video clips and rate those of fellow users.
Greenroom Digital has also created a viral trailer on video-sharing website YouTube.
The film, which is produced by Lionsgate, tells the story of three men working at a convenience store who vie for the affections of Simpson's character Amy, who only dates employee of the month winners.
John Hamm, managing director of Greenroom Digital, said: "The strategy for this campaign was conceived in conjunction with MySpace, this gave us a great deal of insight into its audience behaviour, which we applied to the creative output."
Carla Smith, head of marketing at Lionsgate UK, added: "We wanted to give the film a home on the internet and to make it as interactive as possible. Using a site like MySpace meant we could do both of these things."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Brand Strategist & Senior Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £60k-£90k + neg + generous benefits, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Retail Royds Raphael £30k-£40k, London
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London