Insight Research employs technique to reveal brand loyalty
LONDON - US marketing research company Insight Research Associates claims to have identified a technique that can help advertisers to drive sales and increase brand loyalty.
Insight Research has drawn on social science theories to develop a technique called psycho-ethnography, which pinpoints the emotional triggers that lead consumers to buy certain products.
The technique uses data culled from observing consumers in their natural setting to provide advertisers with information about the subconscious factors that influence shopping.
Mark Ingwer, Insight Research founder and president, said: "It allows you to see things that are there that are not accessible to the untrained eye.
"Because 90% of what we communicate is non-verbal, simply asking a person how they feel about a brand might not reveal their true intentions. We understand consumers as people first and then as having wants and needs in the marketplace."
Insight Research has applied the psycho-ethnography technique to identify the different emotional needs satisfied by theme parks Universal Studios and Disneyland. It has also been used to identify key words to avoid when marketing pharmaceuticals to HIV/AIDS patients.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA