PHD pair join BT's in-house media planning team
LONDON - BT has hired Allison Grainger and Stuart Bowden from PHD to join its in-house media planning department, five months after it parted company with the agency.
Grainger and Bowden, media group manager and media director at PHD, have joined their former client as media strategists working on projects for BT Retail.
PHD had been forced to resign the £59m planning account under pressure from telephone directory client Yell, which was concerned about the agency handling its rival's business.
BT decided to bring media planning in-house under Steve Huddleston, its head of media, but then lost Jon Ghazi, its head of media strategy who left to join direct marketing agency WWAV Rapp Collins Leeds.
A spokesman for BT said: "We valued the people who worked on our account at PHD, particularly their understanding of BT's businesses and processes."
Grainger had been with PHD for seven years and Bowden had been with it for two years after joining from ad agency Grey London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London