PHD pair join BT's in-house media planning team
LONDON - BT has hired Allison Grainger and Stuart Bowden from PHD to join its in-house media planning department, five months after it parted company with the agency.
Grainger and Bowden, media group manager and media director at PHD, have joined their former client as media strategists working on projects for BT Retail.
PHD had been forced to resign the £59m planning account under pressure from telephone directory client Yell, which was concerned about the agency handling its rival's business.
BT decided to bring media planning in-house under Steve Huddleston, its head of media, but then lost Jon Ghazi, its head of media strategy who left to join direct marketing agency WWAV Rapp Collins Leeds.
A spokesman for BT said: "We valued the people who worked on our account at PHD, particularly their understanding of BT's businesses and processes."
Grainger had been with PHD for seven years and Bowden had been with it for two years after joining from ad agency Grey London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Marketing Assistant - 6 Month Contract - Milton Keynes Ninesharp £9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Milton Keynes
- EMEA Digital Marketing Manager Ninesharp £40000 - £45000 per annum, Milton Keynes