Twinings uses free samples to find new customers
LONDON - Twinings has appointed Golley Slater to introduce its speciality tea range to a wider audience via a door-drop sampling drive targeting 1m homes.
Three teas will be used in the campaign; English Breakfast, Earl Grey and Chai. The packet will also include a money-off coupon to encourage repeat purchase.
Cal Ledward, managing director of Golley Slater promotional marketing, said: "The samples are being targeted at mainstream tea drinkers who have not yet tried speciality tea to help them discover the range and encourage them to add them to their everyday drinking repertoire."
Caroline Pourille, senior brand manager at Twinings, said: "I have been delighted with the creativity, proactivity and professionalism from the Golley Slater team in developing this campaign."
The first part of the campaign will begin in mid-December; the second will appear in March 2007. It is part of activity including TV and PR with a total £3.7m investment from the Twinings brand. The above-the-line campaign, featuring Stephen Fry, is handled by Lowe.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East