Aigo signs up as partner to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
LONDON - Aigo, China's leading MP3 player brand, has signed a deal with Formula 1 team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to become a corporate partner to the team.
McLaren signed a five-year sponsorship deal with Spanish bank Banco Santander in October and recently unveiled a partnership with Spanish insurance firm Mutua Madrilena.
Aigo's logo will grace the cars and race suits of two-time world champion Fernando Alonso, who joins McLaren from Renault, and recently recruited British team-mate Lewis Hamilton.
Aigo wants to use the McLaren marketing platform to spearhead its global strategy and make its MP3 and MP4 players number one worldwide.
Ron Dennis, chairman and chief executive of the McLaren Group, said: "Aigo is our first Chinese partner and their association illustrates their confidence that Formula 1 and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes can make a significant contribution to their global expansion."
He described the partnership as a "long-term" one, saying: "This is an exciting step and we look forward to a successful future together."
Aigo Digital Music Net is the leading MP3 and MP4 player brand from Beijing Huaqi Information Digital Technology, one of China's leading domestic manufacturers of portable storage, digital and self-assembling products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London