Aigo signs up as partner to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
LONDON - Aigo, China's leading MP3 player brand, has signed a deal with Formula 1 team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to become a corporate partner to the team.
McLaren signed a five-year sponsorship deal with Spanish bank Banco Santander in October and recently unveiled a partnership with Spanish insurance firm Mutua Madrilena.
Aigo's logo will grace the cars and race suits of two-time world champion Fernando Alonso, who joins McLaren from Renault, and recently recruited British team-mate Lewis Hamilton.
Aigo wants to use the McLaren marketing platform to spearhead its global strategy and make its MP3 and MP4 players number one worldwide.
Ron Dennis, chairman and chief executive of the McLaren Group, said: "Aigo is our first Chinese partner and their association illustrates their confidence that Formula 1 and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes can make a significant contribution to their global expansion."
He described the partnership as a "long-term" one, saying: "This is an exciting step and we look forward to a successful future together."
Aigo Digital Music Net is the leading MP3 and MP4 player brand from Beijing Huaqi Information Digital Technology, one of China's leading domestic manufacturers of portable storage, digital and self-assembling products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London