IPA has snow on its face this Christmas with LBi viral
LONDON - The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising is giving members the chance to pelt its executives with snowballs this Christmas thanks to its seasonal viral card.
Digital marketing agency LBi designed and then sent out the IPA's Christmas card to an initial list of 11,000 members last week. It features a shooting gallery game called 'Snowball Challenge' and dares recipients to throw snowballs at photographs of IPA employees, including director-general Hamish Pringle, using their mouse to control an arm on screen.
So far the game has been played more than 2,500 times and this figure is expected to rise significantly once the card has been emailed to all of the IPA's 95,000 members.
Ewen Sturgeon, managing director of LBi, said: "We wanted the card to appeal to as large an audience as possible, as such, and considering the trend for virals at this time of year, we included a 'send to friend' option.
"We also tried to create a game that could be played by people not necessarily as computer literate as the IPA's members."
The IPA commissions an agency to produce an interactive card to send to its members every year.
LBi is the largest digital agency in the UK following the merger of Framfab and LBIcon earlier this year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London