InBev appoints Pearlfisher to Tennent's design brief
LONDON - Pearlfisher has been hired by InBev-owned lager Tennent's to update the ailing brand to a new audience.
UK Brewer InBev has appointed the agency to work on a number of design initiatives in order to build overall perceptions of the brand.
The brewer is understood to want to revamp the brand, which has suffered against competition from continental beer and lager sales.
Tennent's has been trying to find a youth audience for its brand linking, as main sponsor, to the T in the Park festival in Scotland. The lager brand has held the position of main sponsor since the start of the festival in 1993.
Pearlfisher was recently briefed to revamp the packaging for the Pizza Express grocery range.
The agency was briefed to create packaging that would raise the image of the products by linking them to the restaurants, while cross-promoting the outlets themselves.
Stories relating to the jazz clubs and wines available in the outlets appear on the back of the packs.
Kirsty Hunter, Tennent's marketing director, said: "We're delighted to be working with Pearlfisher and believe their design expertise is a strong creative fit for the brand as it evolves."
Other brands owned by InBev include Becks, Stella Artois, Castlemaine XXXX and Leffe. It began a review of its global media account in November and decided to dispense with the services of creative agency BBH in October.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Head Of Marketing Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + benefits, London
- Marketing Administrator Online Resourcing £competitive; excellent benefits , Gatwick, West Sussex