Wal-Mart opens creative review for second time this year
LONDON - Wal-Mart has hired Select Resources International to handle a second review of its creative account, in a turnaround after an embarrassing month.
The consultancy handled Wal-Mart's $580m (£303m) creative and media account appointments earlier in the year, and has been given a second chance after the retailer decided to repitch its creative account.
Last month, Wal-Mart appointed Interpublic Group's DraftFCB for creative duties and Carat to handle media planning and buying.
The retailer parted company with Julie Roehm, its senior vice-president of marketing communications, last month. It then ended its relationship with DraftFCB.
Roehm spent less than a year at the company after joining from DaimlerChrysler. She had been a key decision maker in the appointment of DraftFCB alongside media agency Aegis-owned Carat USA in October. The debacle was a major embarrassment for the retail giant.
Possible new candiates for the refreshed pitch are understood to be Interpublic's Martin Agency, WPP Group's Ogilvy & Mather and Omnicom Group's GSD&M.
Wal-Mart has said DraftFCB will not be allowed to participate.
SRI confirmed that it had reopened the review and that there will be further announcements in the New Year.
The appointment of Carat USA to media duties is not affected by the decision to repitch the creative duties.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London