Clare Salmon set to leave marketing post at ITV
LONDON - Clare Salmon, ITV's director of marketing and commercial strategy, is to leave the broadcaster.
Salmon joined ITV from The AA where she was managing director for financial services.
She joined The AA in 2001 as sales and marketing director and was responsible for a successful rebranding campaign, using the "Just AAsk" strapline, which contributed to sales growth and a record 15.3m customers for the organisation.
Between 2000 and 2001, she was marketing director, home and road for Centrica, parent company of The AA, and previously held marketing director positions for Avis Europe and Prudential Retail.
Salmon's role at ITV included responsibility all on-and off-air marketing activity and programme publicity.
She joined the board of the TV marketing body Thinkbox in August, replacing Gary Digby, the managing director of ITV Sales. With her appointment she became the fourth person to represent ITV on the board of Thinkbox since the organisation was created just 18 months ago. ITV is the biggest investor in Thinkbox, the funding of which is based on each broadcaster's share of net advertising revenue.
Salmon replaced previous marketing director Jim Hytner, who moved on to become group marketing director at Barclays in June 2004.
ITV refused to comment on Salmon leaving the broadcaster.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London