Clare Salmon set to leave marketing post at ITV
LONDON - Clare Salmon, ITV's director of marketing and commercial strategy, is to leave the broadcaster.
Salmon joined ITV from The AA where she was managing director for financial services.
She joined The AA in 2001 as sales and marketing director and was responsible for a successful rebranding campaign, using the "Just AAsk" strapline, which contributed to sales growth and a record 15.3m customers for the organisation.
Between 2000 and 2001, she was marketing director, home and road for Centrica, parent company of The AA, and previously held marketing director positions for Avis Europe and Prudential Retail.
Salmon's role at ITV included responsibility all on-and off-air marketing activity and programme publicity.
She joined the board of the TV marketing body Thinkbox in August, replacing Gary Digby, the managing director of ITV Sales. With her appointment she became the fourth person to represent ITV on the board of Thinkbox since the organisation was created just 18 months ago. ITV is the biggest investor in Thinkbox, the funding of which is based on each broadcaster's share of net advertising revenue.
Salmon replaced previous marketing director Jim Hytner, who moved on to become group marketing director at Barclays in June 2004.
ITV refused to comment on Salmon leaving the broadcaster.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire