Virgin Mobile USA inks search service deal with JumpTap
LONDON - Virgin Mobile USA has agreed a deal with mobile search company JumpTap, to use its search mobile technology to make it easier for users to access specific websites.
JumpTap said Virgin Mobile would be using its mobile-specific search engine to create a user-friendly service for the mobile network's 4m registered users.
The new service will launch in February 2007 and is designed to make it easier for Virgin Mobile USA's customers to quickly access on- and offline portal content from their mobiles.
Dominick Tolli, vice-president of mobile data services at Virgin Mobile USA, said: "Navigating through pages of Wap content, or trying to hit websites that aren't mobile-enabled to find that one thing you're looking for will soon be a thing of the past.
"By simply typing in the name of a favourite artist or topic into their wireless handsets, customers will immediately pull up results of all related content from both Virgin Mobile and sites across the web."
The service works by Virgin Mobile customers accessing content currently on Virgin XL, including wallpaper and games, and by receiving recommendations for content that other users have downloaded.
US-based JumpTap introduced its ringtone search service earlier in the year, and is now extending it to work across all Virgin Mobile and mobile websites.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London
- Global Head of Studio and Production Creative Recruitment £65000 - £80000 per annum + Pro Rata, City of London
- Senior Digital Executive Stopgap £32000 per annum, City of London
- Community Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Head of Engagement and Communications VMA Group 60000-65000 per annum,, West Midlands