Oxfam teams up with Mastercard for Christmas viral
LONDON - McCann Erickson has created a Christmas viral ad for Mastercard to support the Oxfam Unwrapped Christmas campaign.
The creative features a film of cosmetically challenged alpaca llamas and uses the line: "Alpaca Package: £20. Giving someone a truly beautiful Christmas gift: Priceless."
The soundtrack to the campaign is 'You're Gorgeous', Babybird's 1996 hit. It ends with pictures of a Peruvian farmer and how much the gift of an alpaca would mean to him this Christmas.
The same creative, directed by James Rouse and art directed by Gary Marjoram and Rob Brown, has been used to produce a 60-second TV campaign, which breaks on national TV on December 14 or can be watched on at oxfamunwrapped.com/alpaca.
The Oxfam Unwrapped Christmas project offers a range of unusual solutions to every gift-buying dilemma. Purchasers can help plant an allotment, train a teacher or supply fishing nets to a community.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham