Titan wrestles $823m transport contract from CBS
LONDON - Titan Worldwide has landed a 10-year contract to sell advertising on the New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority, North America's largest public transport system, taking the $823m (£419m) business away from rival CBS Outdoor.
From January 1, Titan will handle all advertising media sales on the NYC transport network, which includes the Long Island Railroad, Metro North, NYC Transit Bus, MTA Bus, and Long Island Bus.
The system, which carries more than 1bn passengers a year, also includes 4,500 buses across the city's five boroughs.
Titan plans to offer advertisers full wraps on buses, traditional king-size posters, tail-light displays, telephone booths and citywide banners.
Don Allman, CEO of Titan, said: "This win represents a seismic shift in the out-of-home advertising business and puts Titan front and center with advertisers as New York's largest advertising medium."
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has also shaken up its advertising contracts by appointing Van Wagner to handle its outdoor billboard advertising. Under a 10-year deal worth $58m, Van Wagner will operate more than 300 large format displays in and around New York.
CBS Outdoor previously held the contracts for several decades, but will now only handle advertising for the subway system after scoring the $580m contract with MTA last summer.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)