UF6 designs tour book for Leicester rockers Kasabian
LONDON - London-based design agency UF6 has created the official tour book for Leicester rock band Kasabian, which will accompany the band's bestselling album 'Empire'.
UF6 said the tour book would feature the 'Empire' album lyrics, artwork and rare images of the band.
Dean Barnett, creative director at UF6, said: "The band wanted a tour book that was going to be a more personal visual journey than their album campaign, so we decided to deconstruct Kasabian's visual history.
"Playing with memorabilia and backstage images, we created a DIY landscape evolving the original photography with scribes and hand-drawn geometrics to reflect the decadence and raw energy of the band."
UF6, based in London's Shoreditch, has previously created documentaries, art direction and TV production for a range of artists including Robbie Williams, Michael Jackson and duo Towers of London.
Kasabian's second album 'Empire' entered the UK charts at number one in August this year.
The band, who are avid supporters of Leicester City FC, have allowed a number of their songs to be used for football-related ad projects, including 'Pro Evolution Soccer 5', 'Fifa 2004' and recorded a cover version of David Bowie's 'Heroes' for ITV's coverage of the 2006 World Cup.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 per annum, Hereford and Worcester
- Category Manager Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum + car, East Midlands
- Head of Insight Stopgap £80000 - £85000 per annum, London