UF6 designs tour book for Leicester rockers Kasabian
LONDON - London-based design agency UF6 has created the official tour book for Leicester rock band Kasabian, which will accompany the band's bestselling album 'Empire'.
UF6 said the tour book would feature the 'Empire' album lyrics, artwork and rare images of the band.
Dean Barnett, creative director at UF6, said: "The band wanted a tour book that was going to be a more personal visual journey than their album campaign, so we decided to deconstruct Kasabian's visual history.
"Playing with memorabilia and backstage images, we created a DIY landscape evolving the original photography with scribes and hand-drawn geometrics to reflect the decadence and raw energy of the band."
UF6, based in London's Shoreditch, has previously created documentaries, art direction and TV production for a range of artists including Robbie Williams, Michael Jackson and duo Towers of London.
Kasabian's second album 'Empire' entered the UK charts at number one in August this year.
The band, who are avid supporters of Leicester City FC, have allowed a number of their songs to be used for football-related ad projects, including 'Pro Evolution Soccer 5', 'Fifa 2004' and recorded a cover version of David Bowie's 'Heroes' for ITV's coverage of the 2006 World Cup.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London