DLG unveils restructure following Wegener DM acquisition
LONDON - DLG is to absorb most of Wegener DM's staff and operations into its Watford headquarters, although the two companies' list broking divisions will merge as Dudley Jenkins List Broking and be based in London.
Having acquired Wegener in October, DLG has set the end of February as its target for completing the merger.
It admitted there will be job losses as part of the "rationalisation of certain business functions", and it has begun a consultation with people affected. It forecast any cuts are likely be "minimal".
DLG's new structure will consist of five business divisions: Data, Dialog, Digital, DirectMedia and DataConsult.
For list broking, DLG has decided to retain the Dudley Jenkins name and London offices and will merge its own operation DLG Media into Dudley Jenkins. Mel Arnold, currently list broking director of DLG Media, will lead the brokerage.
Dudley Jenkins will be part of DLG's DirectMedia division, which is led by Mark Arnold.
Jeremy Whitaker, chief executive of DLG, said: "We will provide every support and resource to enable Dudley Jenkins to attain flagship status for DLG, as a leading light in the broking community."
In November, it emerged that five senior Wegener DM staff had chosen to leave the company. They included marketing director Caroline Kimber and technical development director Tony Lamb.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham