DLG unveils restructure following Wegener DM acquisition
LONDON - DLG is to absorb most of Wegener DM's staff and operations into its Watford headquarters, although the two companies' list broking divisions will merge as Dudley Jenkins List Broking and be based in London.
Having acquired Wegener in October, DLG has set the end of February as its target for completing the merger.
It admitted there will be job losses as part of the "rationalisation of certain business functions", and it has begun a consultation with people affected. It forecast any cuts are likely be "minimal".
DLG's new structure will consist of five business divisions: Data, Dialog, Digital, DirectMedia and DataConsult.
For list broking, DLG has decided to retain the Dudley Jenkins name and London offices and will merge its own operation DLG Media into Dudley Jenkins. Mel Arnold, currently list broking director of DLG Media, will lead the brokerage.
Dudley Jenkins will be part of DLG's DirectMedia division, which is led by Mark Arnold.
Jeremy Whitaker, chief executive of DLG, said: "We will provide every support and resource to enable Dudley Jenkins to attain flagship status for DLG, as a leading light in the broking community."
In November, it emerged that five senior Wegener DM staff had chosen to leave the company. They included marketing director Caroline Kimber and technical development director Tony Lamb.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London